This course covers everything in the statistics component of maths A-Level 2nd year content, and builds on the content covered in my first year course A-Level Maths: Statistics (Year 1 / AS). The course is suitable for all major exam boards, including Edexcel, OCR, AQA and MEI.
Please view the sample lessons in the first section of the course below.
What you’ll learn in this Statistics course
A level statistics
A good knowledge of AS-level statistics or equivalent.
A good scientific calculator (e.g. Casio classwiz fx-991EX or graphical calculator).
A-Level Maths: Statistics (Year 2) is a course for anyone studying A-Level Maths:
This course covers everything in the statistics component of maths A-Level 2nd year content, and builds on the content covered in my first year course A-Level Maths: Statistics (Year 1 / AS). The course is suitable for all major exam boards, including Edexcel, OCR, AQA and MEI. It is also a great introduction to statistics for anyone interested in getting started.
The main sections of the course are:
- Correlation – we will learn how to measure correlation and use this to test whether two variables are correlated. This is a hugely important skill used in science, economics, business and all fields that need to test ideas statistically.
- Regression – we will learn how to calculate equations of regression lines (lines of best fit), learn how to use these, and explore their limitations. We also look at regression for non-linear data, including exponential and polynomial models.
- Conditional Probability – we look at a version of Bayes’ theorem that will allow us to explore conditional probability problems. This will be applied to Venn diagrams, tree diagrams, binomial distributions and the normal distribution.
- The Normal Distribution – we learn what it is, how to use it, and explore a large range of advanced techniques for using it, including its connections with the binomial distribution and conditional probability.
What you get in this course:
Videos: Watch as I explain each topic, introducing all the key ideas, and then go through a range of different examples, covering all the important ideas in each. In these videos I also point out the most common misconceptions and errors so that you can avoid them.
Quizzes: Each sub-section is followed by a short quiz for you to test your understanding of the content just covered. Most of the questions in the quizzes are taken from real A-Level past papers. Feel free to ask for help if you get stuck on these!
Worksheets: At the end of each chapter I have made a collection of different questions taken from real A-Level past papers for you to put it all together and try for yourself. At the bottom of each worksheet is a full mark-scheme so you can see how you have done.
I really hope you enjoy this course!
Who this course is for:
- Students taking (or planning to take) A-level maths.
- Anyone interested in working through an intermediate level course in statistics.