What you’ll learn
A- Level Applied Mathematics: Mechanics topics
Newton’s laws of motion
Forces including weight, normal reaction, friction, tension, thrust/compression etc
Kinematics: constant acceleration kinematics, application of suvat formula
Kinematics: variable acceleration kinematics
Founded by two recent Cambridge graduates, Westbound Maths has been running in-person training for students based in North London since 2018, and now we are online! Our courses are designed for Exam Preparation and Grade Improvement with proven results- 88% of our past students improved their final grades by at least one band from predicted grades!
What Complete A-Level Maths: Mechanics Course in 5 Lectures teach:
The Westbound Maths Complete A-Level Applied Maths: Mechanics Course covers the entire A-Level applied Maths: mechanics syllabus which represents 1/6 of the final exam weight for A-Level Mathematics qualification. The course consists of 5 lectures with over 4.5 hours of class videos, accompanying exam- styled homework and detailed mark scheme for the following topics:
- Forces: Newton’s three laws of motion, how to draw a force diagram showing weight, friction, normal reaction, tension, thrust/compression etc.
- Moments: how to measure the turning effect forces have on an object.
- Vectors: understand that vector quantities have both magnitude and direction, and its application.
- Kinematics part I: constant acceleration kinematics and suvat formula, projectile which is an application of constant acceleration kinematics.
- Kinematics part II: variable acceleration kinematics, displacement-time graph, velocity-time graph.
How to fully utilise the course materials:
- Class video: we always start with the key concepts and definition within a topic, and then jump straight into a past exam question (sourced across major exam boards) to see how these concepts are tested and applied, then you will be given an exam-styled classroom exercise for practice followed by a detailed step-by-step guide on how to solve it.
- Handouts: every lecture is accompanied with a handout that summarises key concepts covered, exam- styled question solving examples, and classroom exercise solutions.
- Homework with exam-styled questions: for each lecture, the homework contains exam-styled questions which should be completed under exam conditions to help students identify any knowledge gap.
- Mistake Diagnosis : use the detailed sample solution to diagnose any mistake in homework which is the key to grade improvement.
Who this course is for:
- Year 13/A-Level students who want to improve grades and revise for exmas
- Year 12/AS Level students who want to challenge themselves and study Year 13 content ahead
- GCSE students who want to challenge themselves and study A-Level content ahead
- Further Maths students who want a consolidated recap of Mathematics subjects